Waaaay back in November, Val over at the Illustrated Garden tagged me for a meme. Now, I rarely get tagged, so one would think that I would jump at such a chance, especially being bestowed by a blogger whom I admire so. However, I dragged my feet–pondering on the eight random things I would post. So, today I’m going to do it! I will post eight random factoids about myself: interesting or otherwise–nothing scandalous!
- I love grocery shopping. I love shopping at more than one grocery store in a day. I don’t go shopping often, so stocking the pantry is a treat.
- I have broken my collarbone three times.
- I made my first solo horseback ride when I was only three. I fell off.
- I don’t shop at WalMart. Ever. For anything. Even if I have a gift certificate. Not even then. I don’t care.
- I re-use tyvek dog food bags. Why, oh why, did we throw so many of those things away? We’re talking mailers, grocery bags, yard trash bags, recycling bins…
- When I was in college, I wanted to give birth to an even dozen children. I wanted a tribe. Have you ever read Cheaper by the Dozen? Not the new movie, not the new movie. Don’t even get me started…
- Four and a half years ago, I was hit by an automobile: see number 2 (while I was walking from class). Poor James. It was before we were married. The terrified look on his face as he came into the ER is one of the few things I remember from that incident.
- I was a waitress at Cracker Barrel for five years. Wow. I don’t think I could ever do that again. Talk about strict everything. Can we say, Big Brother?